Monday, January 28, 2008

Week 3 Monday

I thought that the discussion today about the emerging church was interesting in that we outlined the difference between the "attractional" model of the 80s/90s with the "missional" model that Bolger and Gibbs tapped into in 2004. I think where I'm at right now is trying to figure out how the best of these two models can be blended together in a way that will engage the church community. I don't believe that there's only one right way in how to do church. However, I'm inspired by the missional and emerging church and I do believe that "traditional" congregations need to come alongside the missional and emerging churches and tap into the idea that they're not just there to cater or market to the church body.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

" I do believe that "traditional" congregations need to come alongside the missional and emerging churches and tap into the idea that they're not just there to cater or market to the church body."

I agree, and that there's a lot of learning to be done - no one has all the answers on this, partly because it's so context dependent and partly because the times change so rapidly.