Saturday, February 16, 2008

Response to Todd's Images of God post

"I’m concerned with the attitude of how we experience music and story over propositional and rhetorical discourse. I’m imagining a musical/narrative discourse."

Todd, I think I understand what you're writing about...unless I'm trying to project my own ideas/questions on your post. But what would a musical and narrative discourse look like to you? Is it a situation where we free ourselves from labeling, defining, and finding a singular truth in music and story? Is that what we're trying to get away from? Does it become a situation where we just focus in on the experience? I think this is a really well written post and it has sparked lots of questions in my mind of what you're locking in on. I'd be interested to have you come at me another time and break it down in terms of what we're really getting at here and attempting to understand.

No comments: