Sunday, February 24, 2008

Response to Joe's response

Joe, I feel a steel cage match coming on. Bundy and Hogan in the steel cage Wrestlemania 2 style was my favorite...although I think you could make an argument for the Superfly Snuka leap off the top of the 15 foot high steel cage on Don Moroco or Hell in a Cell with Mankind and Undertaker.

But anyway, good response to my response. I think we're hitting on the same level here and you're response covers what I was getting at, my main issue with the Praxis model is that "for some" its assumes a foundation or that they'll discover it in reflection.

I appreciate your inclusion of Matthew 22 when the Pharisee lawyer asks him which commandment in the law is the greatest and Jesus says, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

In my mind, the priority that Jesus lays out to the Pharisee lawyer is that we're to first love God with all our heart, soul, and mind. And then second to reach out and love our neighbor as ourselves. I'm no praxis expert, but to me, that runs somewhat contrary to the application of the praxis model.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Joe, I feel a steel cage match coming on. Bundy and Hogan in the steel cage Wrestlemania 2 style was my favorite...although I think you could make an argument for the Superfly Snuka leap off the top of the 15 foot high steel cage on Don Moroco or Hell in a Cell with Mankind and Undertaker."
---haha