Friday, February 1, 2008

Response to Harmony's Blog Week 4 Monday

Kester Brewin said, “If worship was about gifts, then what we brought to worship had to be integral to us, something meaningful from who we were.”

I appreciated your transition from the Brewin quote to your reflection on how this played out in your own experience growing up in the church. I think my personal experience has also been that the church, or people within the church, often do a poor job at setting up those in the congregation. I think that you're dead on when you say...

"I want to make sure, in my life, that I encourage people everywhere, not just in the church, to use their gifts."

Providing others with affirmation is a great spiritual gift and one of the most overlooked spiritual gifts in my opinion.

No comments: